Saturday, February 25, 2012

REVIEW: Whats Wrong With Me? By Daree Allen


Title:What's Wrong with Me?
Author: Daree Allen
 Publisher: Kharacter Distinction Books
Published:2.14.12
Pages:200


SUMMARY:
WHAT'S WRONG with you? Nothing!

Have you ever wondered, "What's wrong with me, is my butt too big, my hair not straight enough?" or "Will my BFF or boyfriend still like me if..."

Today's age of everything goes media messages and in your face sexuality has led to many teen girls grappling with self esteem and self worth. As a woman who lived through it and a mother with a teen daughter, I answer these questions and more, offering self empowering building blocks designed to strengthen your inner truths in the face of relationships with yourself, others, and God... so you can learn to love the skin your in, realize your dreams, and make a positive impact on the world.


PRAISE: 

"...takes the reader on a poignant journey of self discovery that can help young women move toward empowerment." 
Kisha B. Holden PhD, Morehouse School of Medicine

"Daree Allen is a shining example of what happens when a woman learns to love herself and steps into her own power and confidence. Daree's book shares her personal journey with humor and inspiration. Girls can find their own path to personal growth by applying Daree's lessons to their lives."
Lisa Nicole Bell, Award winning filmmaker, author, social entrepreneur

"Dynamic author Daree Allen dares to go there with teens in her inspiring piece, What's Wrong with Me? She does parents and educators a favor by opening a dialogue on the universal challenges that young girls will often secretly face that can ultimately build or destroy dreams. Pick up a copy of this book and arm a young lady with the key that unlocks a successful life."
Denene Millner, New York Times Best Selling author and editor of MYBROWNBABY.COM

REVIEW:

I know that us women don't like telling anyone our age, BUT I'm 28 years old and I wish I had read this book when I was 18. What's Wrong with Me is  a book that any young women can relate to. Its easy to read and even though the message behind everything written in this book hits very close to home, its done in a manner that even if you don't like people telling you the truth, you just can't put the book down. Daree Allen is a very talented writer and I hope that she continues to publish more books. A lot of the advice that was given in this book, is advice that I wish I would have gotten along time ago. Daree doesn't just "preach" to you about what to do or not to do, she's giving you advice based on personal experiences not only from her life, but also experiences from her close friends. I found myself underlining so many areas of the book, I even underlined an entire paragraph at the beginning of the book because I found it to be very important. 


RATING:
I DO NOT read self help books. I dont. But there was something about this book that I felt like I should. Best choice I could have made. I enjoyes every part of this book and recommend it to every mom with a young girl, preteen, teen and anyone in between. I think it will definitely do them good.  5 of 5 Hearts!! 

1 comment:

  1. I had read this book when I was 18. What's Wrong with Me is a book that any young women can relate to. Its easy to read and even though the message behind everything written in this book hits very close to home,
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete