Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I NEED TO VENT!

Can someone please explain to me why it is that people always want to tell you how to raise your kids??

I understand that I'm a first time mom, and I also understand that MOST people are only trying to help when they tell you something. Let me be clear, I do understand that. But What I'm referring to, are the people that tell you what you need to do, then criticize you when you don't do it. Let me give you a couple of examples of what I mean:

POSITIVE THINGS: 

1. What positions help baby relieve themselves of any gases they might have. 
2. Things you can do at bath time to help put baby to sleep. 
3. Different positions for breastfeeding that could be more comfortable. 

NEGATIVE THINGS:

1. If your baby is 3 months old, you should already be giving her solids. 
2. Why are you still breastfeeding?? Just give her formula and she'll sleep longer. 

This is an extremely short list of the many things that I've been told. I will admit that I understand that both the positive and negative things I've been told are probably coming from a good place. This is the reason that I'm not rude to the people who say these things, but I've made it very clear to my husband that at the end of the day the only people who have any say in how we decide to raise our daughter, is US. Do I mean to sound rude or disrespectful?? Of course not. But just because you chose to raise your child one way, doesn't mean that I'm going to do the same with mine. I will ALWAYS listen to everything people tell me, but at the end of the day, the choice is still up to mom and dad to make. 

I'd more then love to know what you guys think and feel on this subject. Its always nice getting someone else's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment