Friday, September 16, 2011

REVIEW: Undertow by Cherry Adair

Title: Undertow
Author: The fabulous Cherry Adair
 Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Published: 12.28.10
Pages: 352

SUMMARY: 
SHE TAKES THE PLUNGE.
Teal Williams is content with her career as a ship's master mechanic-until Zane Cutter, the "Casanova of the Caribbean,"makes her an offer she can't refuse: to climb on board with him for a real-life treasure hunt. Teal must help him dredge up a shipwrecked vessel containing an abundance of gold, silver, and emeralds-and she'll claim part of the prize.
HE'S BLOWN OFF COURSE.
Zane needs a mechanic-not a lover-and Teal, who can also dive, is perfect for the job. So it suits him just fine that Teal is completely immune to his charms... or so he tells himself. But with a deadly enemy in their midst-one who's silently edging closer-Zane and Teal sink into troubled waters. Trapped in the middle of a perilous ser, they have no one to turn to but each other as they face down a danger that runs unfathomably deep-and a passion that runs even deeper...

PRAISE: 

"All the danger, treachery and romance a reader could wish for." - Romantic Times

"Cherry Adair writes for those of us who love romantic-suspense fast and hot." - Jayne Ann Krentz

REVIEW:

97% of the books I've read have all been YA. I know I'm 28 years old and could be reading Adult books already, but I just really enjoy YA books. 

Now, as far as Undertow goes, this is a must read for anyone 18+. From the moment you begin reading, your pulled right in. The plot to this book is unbelieveable, I can honestly say that once I started reading, I thought I had a pretty good idea of how it was going to end. Boy was I EVER mistaken. Adair is not only telling a story, but she does it in a manner that you feel more like your watching one of Hollywood's best movies. There are explosions, good guys, evil guys (not bad guys), half naked women in bikini's (which we all know the men love...) and the hot moments in this book can get YOU hot and bothered. 
Zane, is most definitely a man most of us women not only dream with, but fantasize over. He's strong, charismatic, a bit arrogant and totally sexy. But as much as I loved him, my favorite character was Teal. Simple but sexy. Strong-willed, and maybe even alittle hard-headed, it was really easy to identify myself, as well as many other women with her. Cherry did an excellent job of developing her characters as they were all people you could run into in real life. 

I give this book, as well as Cherry Adair 5 out of 5 hearts. (I like hearts) I also hope to read the next book in this series Riptide soon. If its anywhere as good as Undertow, I know I won't be able to put it down. 

Great job Cherry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment